Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

You Get What You Need!

It may not have been a "plateau" plaguing me over the past 4 weeks, but I was definitely checking out the "foothills" and feeling a bit down! Frustrating as it may have been, I had an amazing week which ended in a breakthrough (both mental and physical!)

First, I realized that I need to stay inspired. Watching friends lose week to week is exciting- but this week I had the opportunity to visit a "new meeting" and get some outside motivation. I would never dream of missing my own meeting if I could help it, but I did love getting an extra-dose of WW in. I think I might consider this when I get in that funk again!

Secondly, Adrienne was out on vacation, but she arranged for one of our favorite "guest leaders" to step in. I swear if I didn't know better the lesson was directed at our side of the room. (At least that is what the head nodding and groaning told me.) Of course the topic was about.... you guessed it, plateaus. Basically, I found out that I was a whiny baby who was not on one...and that not everything has to be about the number on the scale. Stephanie was able to remind me that I am doing this to be healthy...and exercise is part of that, no matter how frustrating the ups and downs that come with it are!

Speaking of plateaus, I know lack of sleep and stress fall in there somewhere. I have to find ways to continue to work through those challenging areas- because I DO believe that those are two biggies that will continue to haunt me from time to time.

It is funny how there are those weeks where you get exactly what you need. I am so thankful!

I found this movie attachment funny- because believe it or not this song is on my workout play list. (Can you believe I have a workout play list???) I think Jack is a better dancer, however! I love the catch your breath part... :)


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So true, Jen! I felt the same way after last night. And that video is amazing! My favorite part is the hot pink sweatband :)

Jennifer said...

We need to get Julie a pink one ;)