Background

Sunday, June 27, 2010

You want me to what?!?!

I had a great weigh in last week and met my goal of 250lbs! Seems like the increase in activity paid off. Woot!

Before I could even step off the scale- Adrienne (my devoted leader) was there giving me a hug and singing my praises. Everyone was smiling and all was right in the world of weight loss... that was until she decided that it was a great time to mention THE goal. Seriously?! How does she do it? It is like she instinctually knows what drives each of us. I nodded and smiled... I think I even glared at one point during the meeting. (Weight loss is a love/hate relationship- thankfully, she doesn't take it personally!) Finally the meeting was over and I left there in deep calculation.

The theme continued throughout the week as people in the gym, at work, and even at the supermarket asked me what my final goal is. Well Crap! I started thinking maybe it was time to set it.

Today I sat down and evaluated the BMI charts.... and I just CAN'T do it! The number just seems too foreign. It's like going to QT and paying $1.60 for gas instead of $2.50 - can you imagine the pandemonium?

No reason to panic, My BMI research was not a total loss. I decided my next mini goal would be 202.5 lbs. Yes, a slightly strange goal but this number will successfully bring me out of the obese category. (Something that hasn't happened since I was in adolescence)

In order to appease my guilty conscience I decided to begin journaling in the form of a blog. After all, journaling is a form of evaluation and goal setting, right?

I am hoping that tracking and journaling my progress will help me to stay focused and accountable. I'll work to write down weekly goals, exercises, feelings and what small changes I am noticing in everyday life.

So here is to the first post and to the next 46 lbs! *Cheers*

No comments: